Song of the Week: The Go! Team - "Junior Kickstart"


I've had this song stuck in my head ever since I saw the trailer for I Got Next--a documentary about pro Street Fighter (and perhaps other fighting game) players--a couple days ago. I think it's a little odd that I now immediately associate "Junior Kickstart" with video games, but I think it's a good fit.
edit: I also just remembered that The Go! Team is also featured in LittleBigPlanet. The game associations just keep stacking.

BONUS: You may recall a little review I wrote for Oh.Bliv x Just Plain Ant's Black Soap a little while ago in which I expressed a feeling of emptiness associated with some tracks. Well, my friend Corey Smith (Score One for the Little Guy, Earthtone) must have gotten the message, as he just released a track where he raps over the beat of "Cuz I Need It" for his new single "It's Going Down."

Just for reference, here's the original track:

0 comments: